0,3 pint / 1 1/2 dl sugar
3,5 oz./ 100 g butter
0,4 pint / 2 dl wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2,6 oz. / 75 g sugar
1,75 oz. / 50 g butter
1 oz. / 30 g cream
2,6 oz. / 75 g rough choppy almonds or almond flakes
Place all ingredients except almonds in a saucepan. Boil for ca. 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in almonds at room temperature.
1. Whip egg and sugar at room temperature until fluffy.
2. Melt the butter and pour into the egg mixture.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until you have a smooth batter.
4. Pour into a greased round mould 8,5 inch / 22 cm (approx.)
5. Bake at 350 F / 175 C for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and butter the Florentine mass before putting the cake back in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, so that the top has been given a golden colour. (I put the grill function on the last five minutes)